Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A new wardrobe ... for my business!

I feel like I've just gone out and bought a whole new wardrobe for my business. After Leigh-ann created the gorgeous poster for the workshop Nadine and I are running this Saturday(!) I decided to get one for my business.

Even though I've been in business for eighteen months, it's only now that I'm creating proper offline advertising materials. And when I realise that I am perplexed. How did I ever think I would build a business in Kinesiology, which is something that many people have never heard of, in an almost exclusively online environment? I don't know.

Maybe I was saved by my own naivette, because I have, and I'm lucky to work with fabulous clients who are smart and funny and who also teach me an enormous amount.

I've also had *lots* of Kinesiology sessions on building my business and in reality, that is what has made the difference. Like everyone I have freak outs and fears and perceived limitations and I just have to keep working through them as they come up. Do the work, you get the results. That is my experience, anyway.

Back to the poster. Do you like it? Isn't it pretty! Leigh-ann is so clever and so easy to work with. Highly recommended and very reasonably priced. After she started the poster I realised that nothing would match this new item.

Although I hadn't planned on doing so, it seemed as good a time as any to re-do my visual image-y stuff because even though I love my original logos etc, my style has probably shifted a little. I flow with it all more now and the new design reflects that. So Leigh-ann ended up doing a bunch of other stuff for me too - a header, logo, a banner, a magnet design thing.

Pretty soon I'll be moving my website and blog together and it will all be beautifully flowing and fabulous. At the moment the logistics are hurting my brain a little but I will get there.

The work that Nadine and I are doing is creating so much change for us and we have so many exciting plans for the future. Would you believe we've already been approached about running workshops in both Adelaide and Canberra next year? Uh huh. It's extroadinary.

We are most impressed with the Universe. The process has had it's challenges though, mostly because it has brought lots of our own stuff to the surface, old stuff like being ok being visible, feeling good enough etc. Which is ok ... because once it comes to the surface it can be cleared.

Can't clear what you can't feel or don't realise is there!

5 comments:

  1. Haha!
    It's so good to see us both talking our talk.
    And them, walking it. Oh yeah!

    Fabulous poster. LA really is a clever girl. She just wrote a guest post for my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, I meant and THEN walking it. Bless me. Us, not them. Full on Freudian slip, that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! It has lovely, flow-y energy! I love the colors, especially.

    Congrats on pushing yourself out there! :) Can't wait to see the new site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome Kerry - love the colour and definitely think it reflects both you as a person and your business. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the lovely encouraging words! xx

    ReplyDelete