Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Writing and yoga - 21.5.800


Writing and yoga are two things I definitely love ... but don't always make enough time for. So maybe that's why I was attracted to Bindu's 21.5.800 challenge - 21 days of practising yoga five days a week and writing at least 800 words a day.

It started on Tuesday 8th ... but you could join in if you like ... here's Bindu's guidelines:

THE WRITING: The writing can be ANYTHING. Memoir, blogs, business plans, essays, fiction, free-writing, letters,……..ANYTHING. The point is to get writing again daily and to have the boundaries and challenge of a daily word count to reach.

THE YOGA: There are several options for you to do the yoga portion of 21.5.800 5 times in 7 days. Here are the options:

1. Go to a yoga class in your ‘hood.
2. Do a yoga dvd at home.
3. Take a 20-40 minute savasana* (lying on the floor)

I'm feeling a little bad because it's already getting late and I haven't done either the writing OR the yoga yet ... however I'll now head over to the lounge room floor for some nice relaxing savasana and if I don't make the 800 words that will be ok for today.

However I'm looking forward to developing a routine and seeing what insights come up over the 21 days...

2 comments:

  1. i am looking forward to it too!
    just saw you on bindu's site and came over to say hello

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, for you, and for Rachel! I do the yoga seven days a week anyway, but I KNOW that I won't be doing the writing. Not this time round.

    ReplyDelete