Sunday, May 9, 2010

Epiphanies are Stoopid

raindrops, leaf by Вася Артёмов

The trouble with epiphanies is that when you GET it? Seems so obvious. It's almost crazy that that you didn't get it earlier.


And pretty common in Kinesiology.

You won't always get them, but there is something about the way that the information comes together that can allow you to see what you're doing - your patterns - in a whole new light. And all of a sudden you can have a whole new realisation. Amazing.

And you might find that when you try and put that ASTONISHING new insight into words, or try and explain it to someone else, it just seems kind of obvious. Like - yeah, of course. So hard to convey the life changing awesomeness of this new thing you get. And not just 'get it in your head' but really, truly understand it in your body and what it means for you in your life moving forwards.

Let's try some examples from clients.

"So I'm always seeking recognition and acceptance from others. And yet when I do get praise or acknowledgement I refuse to accept it. That's NEVER GOING TO WORK!"

"I'm really sensitive and I pick up on everybody else's feelings and emotions and then I get overwhelmed and confused and think that my own life is falling to pieces when really I just need to get some clearer BOUNDARIES!"

"I put others first and try to protect other people from how I feel but now I'm the one who feels sick or upset or angry. I'm protecting them but hurting ME!"

"I feel isolated and alone and depressed at this time of year because subconsciously it reminds me of that time in high school when all my friends turned against me because it was 'my turn' to be bullied ... right before the school holidays. But that's so not true NOW!"

Sometimes just the recognition of what's going on and the understanding of how it's impacting on you now is enough to let it go. And the Kinesiology helps to move the energy of it.

Boring old me and my pet kangaroo*

So I stole the title of this post from one of Havi's. Oh and that heading too. I read her blogs - Fluent Self and Shivanata - just about every day and her ideas have been so influential in the way I think about pretty much everything, especially in relation to my business.

One of the biggest things I'm really, properly learning is that it is ok to be completely yourself*. Oh look! Another epiphany that is completely obvious when written down. I mean, that's pretty much my whole work.

But it's about really owning that, being ok to do that in a visible way and getting clear on what is important to you. In every area of life. Even as things grow and change. Especially as things grow and change.

So I guess I have a mentor! On the other side of the world, who I've never met and who has no reason to know that I exist. Sometimes she even teaches me stuff in my dreams which I will definitely admit is kind of weird. I guess it is just my subconscious processing what I've read.

Ah, the power of the internets.
So anyway, what about you? Any epiphanies you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment