Thursday, April 1, 2010

Brother Buba Budan

I just love fabulous coffee. I try to limit myself to one a day ... or sometimes two. And like many Melburnians, I am happy to walk past ten or twenty ordinary coffee shops on route to my favourites.

Last year, when I was making plans to leave my regular job to build my Kinesiology business, I was telling Laurence of the ways I might cut back my spending as my business was growing (for my own benefit rather than his interest or concern about this topic).

And I could make coffee at home, I told him.

'Kerry,' he said, 'Don't be ridiculous. There's no need to take it that far.'

Brother Buba Budan is definitely a fave. If I didn't work at Sakura Lounge I probably never would have found it, there's no sign out the front and you could easily walk past it on Little Bourke st. However it's hard to miss the queues and constant crowd of people. I managed to capture it in a quiet moment in the pic above.

And there are chairs! Hanging from the ceiling!

Twice in one week I met friends at Buba Budan, and both spontaneously photographed their coffee. So you see, this is no ordinary coffee...

I'm going to share some more of my favourites in the coming weeks ... where are you favourites?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha it is the best, isn't it? I love that it is busier than most cafes and all they seem to sell is good ol' coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best coffee in Melbs! And thats a big call!

    ReplyDelete