Friday, May 29, 2009

Freedom


Freedom, originally uploaded by kudumomo.

A little disappointed I've been MIA from my blog recently ... busyness is to blame, unavoidable this time ... but things will settle down soon! This I hope. I had a Kinesiology session of my own today and it came up that I'm living four months in the future ... and disbelieving that things will be calmer and more relaxed. What an unhelpful belief!

So we've obviously worked on that energetically, I'll do some reflection over the next few days and I have an essence to take for my Solar Plexus chakra (confidence, self esteem, will and positivity moving forwards).

Sometimes the issues we're dealing with seem unavoidable ... and the mind loves to label and project to some time in the future when 'things will be different'. Maybe they will!

But all we ever have is the now.

‘The present moment is sometimes unacceptable, unpleasant or awful. It is as it is. Observe how the mind labels it and how this labelling process, this continuous sitting in judgement, creates pain and unhappiness. By watching the mechanics of the mind, you step out of its resistance patterns, and you can then allow the present moment to be.

This will give you a taste of the inner state of freedom from external conditions, the state of true inner peace. Then see what happens, and take action if necessary or possible.

Accept – then act.

Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life,’

The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle, p36.

No comments:

Post a Comment