Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Strokes of insight

Have you every had a powerful stroke of insight? I can't say that I've had a total bolt out of the blue ... just those smaller light bulb moments.

Have you seen this 'ted' (www.ted.com) talk by Jill Bolte: My stroke of insight? She's a neuroscientist who had the amazing (horrifying?) experience of having a stroke ... and being witness to her brain shutting down bit by bit. It's sooo interesting and she is such a great speaker.

Through it she has the experience of feeling totally connected to the universe.

Here's a quote: 'I am an energy being connected to the energy all around me through the consciousness of my right hemisphere.'

Conclusion formed by the right hemisphere of the brain: 'We are perfect. We are whole. We are beautiful'.

Sounds a bit like a Kinesiology session!

Whereas the left hemisphere is all about the past and future. It thinks in language. It plans, organises, critisises, makes lists, chatters ...

The talk is all about what happens when her left hemisphere shuts down...

No comments:

Post a Comment